Random thoughts

"Live to the point of tears" - Camus

Thursday, June 16, 2005

The wisdom of Parokya ni Edgar

Parang tiwala pag nasira na
Mahirap nang ayusin pa
Di kayang ipagdikit ang tiwala
Pag napunit!
- Choco Latte by Parokya ni Edgar

Masungit na naman ako last Sunday. Don't know why, but I was really, really grumpy. The good thing that came out of it though was that Neil and I ended up cleaning the apartment. I actually fixed up our CD's and found our long-missing Bigotilyo album.

So Neil and I have been listening to the CD for a few days now. It's an awful lot of fun but when we were listening to Choco Latte, I had a moment of enlightenment. The chorus perfectly describes my basic issue with Kalaya. It's disillusionment at it's best/worst.

I've always felt that growing up involves being disillusioned with every possible institution on earth: government, the church, educational institutions, family, friends, and maybe just people in general. This additional lesson sort of makes you want to say, "Trust no one." But I've also learned that if you give in and believe that, you'll end up living a sorry excuse of a life. Besides, experience has taught me that there is a lot more good in the world, and in people, than bad, if you allow the goodness to reach you.

2 Comments:

Blogger btflpenguin said...

is it too late for you to leave the lab? if it affects you this much then maybe it will affect the way you work and the pace at which you come up with data, noh?

5:41 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Peng, actually, I think I'm OK now. Calmado na ako noon about this but this additional epiphany has made me feel even better. Salamat sa concern... am so touched! hehehe

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home