Random thoughts

"Live to the point of tears" - Camus

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Inertia

Newton's First Law of Graduation
A grad student in procrastination tends to stay in procrastination unless an external force is applied to it.

The line above written by Jorge Cham of Ph.D comics neatly sums up the way I've been feeling. I am definitely a grad student in procrastination. This week has been especially bad for me. It's really becoming difficult to get up in the morning and go to the lab, mainly because I feel like my experiments are going nowhere. I've keep stalling on purifying my proteins because in my head, I keep thinking, what are we going to do with this stuff after I purify it? I mean, it's not like we have any money for the mouse studies. Or do we? I really don't know. Oh well.

Otherwise, things have been going great. Last Friday, we went to the annual Biochemistry year-end party. It was held at the Rock-n-Bowl. We had fun. We ate and we bowled. I actually got a strike on one of my frames and ended up with a half-decent score. Then on Saturday, Neil and I did our usual weekend rounds in Metairie and I got my Fruits Basket #9. Monday was Memorial Day so it was technically a holiday but Neil went to the lab to help Erin out with some experiments. Then we all went out to dinner at WOW! to celebrate Jesse's birthday. It was Jesse, Erin, Dalton, Billy, Neil and me. We had a lot of fun. After dinner, we headed over to Jesse's house to have apple pie and moose tracks ice cream. Yummy.

Today, the lab is really quiet. It's just Neil, the summer student (Tremaine) and me. Erin should be back from the airport soon while Kalaya and Dr. Landry said they'd be here by 1 (Note: It's now 1:40 and they're not here). I guess summer really is here, but unfortunately, not for us. Haaay.

Really have to do some yoga tonight or I'll never get out of this slump.

1 Comments:

Blogger btflpenguin said...

moose tracks? sounds yummy!
o ayan nakalipat na ako. give me until the weekend and you can come on over for you summer break!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home