Happily drowning
It's as if I'm making up for lost time. I'm reading a whole bunch of books, all at the same time. Part of me is going nuts, trying to figure out which book to read first, but the other part is absolutely delighted to have so much to read.
Last night, I finished the 2nd Meredith Gentry novel by Laurell K. Hamilton. I consider this my "trashy" novel addiction of the moment. The books are fun and really easy to read since they require no thinking whatsoever. I was actually able to finish the book in 3 days, which is quite a feat for me. Now it's onto the third book of the series... hehehe.
The more substantial books I'm reading are A Fine and Private Place by Peter S. Beagle (who also wrote The Last Unicorn) and the second book of the Hitchhiker's "trilogy" entitled The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
A Fine and Private Place is an absolutely wonderful read, so far. The language is easy to read but it's very rich and I keep writing down passages from the book every three pages or so. I think it'll be one of those books that is wonderful on the first go-around and just gets better with each reading.
I just got the Hitchhiker book this afternoon from the library and have read the first 3 chapters. It's still as funny and witty as the first book which is a good thing.
I'm also trying to get through my Japanese Language book but am stuck on lesson 2. The particle "ga" denoting the important topic of the sentence is really stumping me, plus all the rules for negating adjectives and such. In addition, I'm also trying to read the Inuyasha manga in Japanese, which is proving to be interesting. I need to have my dictionary open the whole time but I'm starting to catch onto sentence constructions, plus I'm able to read hiragana and katakana a bit faster now.
Suffice it to say, life is good.
Last night, I finished the 2nd Meredith Gentry novel by Laurell K. Hamilton. I consider this my "trashy" novel addiction of the moment. The books are fun and really easy to read since they require no thinking whatsoever. I was actually able to finish the book in 3 days, which is quite a feat for me. Now it's onto the third book of the series... hehehe.
The more substantial books I'm reading are A Fine and Private Place by Peter S. Beagle (who also wrote The Last Unicorn) and the second book of the Hitchhiker's "trilogy" entitled The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
A Fine and Private Place is an absolutely wonderful read, so far. The language is easy to read but it's very rich and I keep writing down passages from the book every three pages or so. I think it'll be one of those books that is wonderful on the first go-around and just gets better with each reading.
I just got the Hitchhiker book this afternoon from the library and have read the first 3 chapters. It's still as funny and witty as the first book which is a good thing.
I'm also trying to get through my Japanese Language book but am stuck on lesson 2. The particle "ga" denoting the important topic of the sentence is really stumping me, plus all the rules for negating adjectives and such. In addition, I'm also trying to read the Inuyasha manga in Japanese, which is proving to be interesting. I need to have my dictionary open the whole time but I'm starting to catch onto sentence constructions, plus I'm able to read hiragana and katakana a bit faster now.
Suffice it to say, life is good.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home