Busy week
The past week has been unusually busy for us. Here's the rundown:
Friday, Sept. 24
Neil and I arrived at the lab earlier than usual (around 8:30) so that we could go with Kalaya to take Erin to the airport. Erin left for an internship in Geneva. She'll be there for 3 months. She was a bit apprehensive about the whole thing, what with leaving Billy and Dalton. We kept telling her though that it would be fun.
Anyway, we got to her house at 9:30, loaded her 2 suitcases and got her to the airport by 10. Neil escorted her to the check-in counter where they had to re-distribute her baggage to comply with the 70 lb. per luggage piece weight limit. We then said our quick goodbyes and headed back to Tulane.
For lunch, we met up with Jesse and Sue. We went to Tucker's where the service was incredibly slow. We waited for about an hour to get our drinks. We ended up not having lunch at all. Instead we had to go back to work hungry. We finally ended up buying stuff at the cafeteria downstairs and eating in the lunch room at around 2.
Saturday, Sept. 25
Woke up to Kalaya's phone call. She wanted to know if we wanted to have lunch with them at the new Chinese buffet on Airline drive. We said yes. It was an ok buffet. The company was really nice too. After lunch, Kalaya, Neil and I went to BSI Comics to pick up our stuff and to see if they had "A Game of You" for Kalaya (they didn't). After the comic store, we parted ways and Neil and I did our usual Saturday rounds.
Sunday, Sept. 26
Really felt sick. Stomach was upset and head hurt. Needless to say, I stayed home the whole day. Neil left in the afternoon to go to Kendo.
This week
We've all been quite busy this past work week. I've been trying to fish out my protein while Neil has been making more of his. Kalaya has been staring at drops and has been battling the cold we all have. She's also been forcing me to drink more water, which really is not a bad idea since I'm probably terribly dehydrated.
Yesterday, Neil and I listened to Dr. Schally, a nobel laureate who worked at Tulane. Let's just say that he wasn't the best of speakers. But I can see the importance of the work he does. Today, Neil is attending the other nobel laureate's talk. Dr. Ignarro worked on NO which gave rise to, among other things, Viagra. It promises to be a good talk but I'm here in the lab, drying gels and updating my notebook (and this blog). Later, we have to attend the annual Biochemistry department's Adrouny lecture. Will tell you about that later... maybe.
That's about it for now.
Friday, Sept. 24
Neil and I arrived at the lab earlier than usual (around 8:30) so that we could go with Kalaya to take Erin to the airport. Erin left for an internship in Geneva. She'll be there for 3 months. She was a bit apprehensive about the whole thing, what with leaving Billy and Dalton. We kept telling her though that it would be fun.
Anyway, we got to her house at 9:30, loaded her 2 suitcases and got her to the airport by 10. Neil escorted her to the check-in counter where they had to re-distribute her baggage to comply with the 70 lb. per luggage piece weight limit. We then said our quick goodbyes and headed back to Tulane.
For lunch, we met up with Jesse and Sue. We went to Tucker's where the service was incredibly slow. We waited for about an hour to get our drinks. We ended up not having lunch at all. Instead we had to go back to work hungry. We finally ended up buying stuff at the cafeteria downstairs and eating in the lunch room at around 2.
Saturday, Sept. 25
Woke up to Kalaya's phone call. She wanted to know if we wanted to have lunch with them at the new Chinese buffet on Airline drive. We said yes. It was an ok buffet. The company was really nice too. After lunch, Kalaya, Neil and I went to BSI Comics to pick up our stuff and to see if they had "A Game of You" for Kalaya (they didn't). After the comic store, we parted ways and Neil and I did our usual Saturday rounds.
Sunday, Sept. 26
Really felt sick. Stomach was upset and head hurt. Needless to say, I stayed home the whole day. Neil left in the afternoon to go to Kendo.
This week
We've all been quite busy this past work week. I've been trying to fish out my protein while Neil has been making more of his. Kalaya has been staring at drops and has been battling the cold we all have. She's also been forcing me to drink more water, which really is not a bad idea since I'm probably terribly dehydrated.
Yesterday, Neil and I listened to Dr. Schally, a nobel laureate who worked at Tulane. Let's just say that he wasn't the best of speakers. But I can see the importance of the work he does. Today, Neil is attending the other nobel laureate's talk. Dr. Ignarro worked on NO which gave rise to, among other things, Viagra. It promises to be a good talk but I'm here in the lab, drying gels and updating my notebook (and this blog). Later, we have to attend the annual Biochemistry department's Adrouny lecture. Will tell you about that later... maybe.
That's about it for now.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home