Random thoughts

"Live to the point of tears" - Camus

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Last weekend

I forgot to write about last weekend... but better late then never, right?

Anyway, started off by going to the Indian Association of Tulane's cultural night on Friday. Three of our students were performing in the show and they invited us to watch them. It was amusing for the most part. It started off pretty lame, with people singing who didn't seem to want to be on stage at all, but as the show progressed, it got a lot better. Most of the numbers were dances, both traditional and contemporary but all Indian. Unfortunately, we weren't able to finish the show because we had to catch the shuttle back downtown.

On Saturday, Erin, Neil and I went to the Italian Festival in the newly renovated Piazza Italia on the corner of Tchoupitoulas and Poydras. Erin and I shared a giant mufelatta and Neil had a rice ball and some Bruscheta. After lunch, we all got snowballs and sat in the shade just enjoying the afternoon.

After finishing our snowballs, we left for Elmwood where we watched Hellboy. It was actually a good movie. I liked the characters a lot but the climax was a bit disappointing. That really didn't ruin my enjoyment of the movie though and I would watch a sequel if they made one.

On Sunday, Neil and I went to church as usual. After church, we came back home and had pancakes for lunch. It's the first time we've used real butter to make the pancakes but it was so good. There really is no substitute for real butter. We then took a short nap after lunch until Neil had to leave for Kendo (where he got all bruised again). While he was gone, I caught Mom online and we chatted for a long time.

So basically, it was a fun and relaxed weekend. Hope this week is just as good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home