Random thoughts

"Live to the point of tears" - Camus

Friday, March 19, 2004

Spring Fever

Erin says I've caught spring fever.

I guess it's true. The weather has just been wonderful lately and all the flowers are trying to out-do one another so the world is suddenly in technicolor again. I love being able to wear sandals again and not needing a jacket or sweater. The wind is pleasant again, instead of being bitter-cold. And the afternoons are relaxed and lazy. It's such a pity that we have to spend all day in a lab with no windows so we don't get to enjoy the days too much.

But today was different. Kala, Jesse, Thomas, Neil and I all went out to lunch at Purple Roses. They had the door open and so there was nice fresh air circulating around the place while we were eating. Then in the afternoon, Neil and I went Uptown for our TA meeting. We missed the 4 pm shuttle so we decided to just walk across the campus toward Audubon Park. We sat around the fountain for almost an hour just enjoying the afternoon and each other's company. It's been one of the best afternoons we've had in a while.

So I think Spring is now officially my favorite time of the year in Louisiana. I hope it stays a while and that we miss the shuttle more often so we can enjoy it a bit more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home