Food trip
Yesterday, we continued our "mission" to find new places to go to around the city. We went to our normal Saturday destination, Metairie, but decided to look at new places.
We had lunch at Royal China, a restaurant we've been looking at for months because it's right across the street from King Buffet. We never really went inside before because we figured it would be more expensive than King Buffet and would probably serve the same food. Luckily, Erin had dinner there a couple of nights ago and said that they specialized in Dim Sum. Since we've been looking for a good dim sum place for a long time, we finally decided to go. I'm really glad we did. They have lots of different kinds of dim sum; hakaw, taro puffs, kutchay; but best of all, they have mami!! The kind I really like. Thin noodles, clean and flavorful broth. They even have baby bok choy but we didn't have that this time around. Next time na lang :)
After that, we dropped by Jo-Ann's fabric and craft store to look for rubber stamps. No luck in that department but the things inside really brought me back. The hoops made me realize I've been cross-stitching for a good part of my life. Maybe I should take it up again.
We then moved next door to Martin's Wine Cellar. Neil found the Fuki Plum wine we've been looking for for a long time. He also got a drunken goat cheese. Its cheese made from goat's milk then aged in wine. Hope it tastes good.
We then did our normal Saturday things... passed by the comic store, book store, toy store, Target. Nothing special there.
Finally, we had dinner at King Buffet. We've never had dinner there before. It was quite good. There was steak which was quite OK, crab (which only Neil could eat), oysters, shrimp, salmon sushi. Unfortunately, we had to eat quite fast in order to catch the bus. We had one hour at King Buffet, which was actually adequate enough, but since we didn't know how much dinner cost (risk takers kasi kami eh :) ) , we wanted to make the most of dinner. I was so stuffed at the end I still felt like throwing up 2 hours after leaving the restaurant. I really didn't eat that much, it was just that dinner wasn't as leisurely as I would have wanted it to be. Next time, we'll be better prepared :) Besides, it was a lot cheaper than we thought it would be.
So that was our "food trip" for this week. Can't wait 'till next Saturday.
Still playing: Neoquest II - am almost done :)
We had lunch at Royal China, a restaurant we've been looking at for months because it's right across the street from King Buffet. We never really went inside before because we figured it would be more expensive than King Buffet and would probably serve the same food. Luckily, Erin had dinner there a couple of nights ago and said that they specialized in Dim Sum. Since we've been looking for a good dim sum place for a long time, we finally decided to go. I'm really glad we did. They have lots of different kinds of dim sum; hakaw, taro puffs, kutchay; but best of all, they have mami!! The kind I really like. Thin noodles, clean and flavorful broth. They even have baby bok choy but we didn't have that this time around. Next time na lang :)
After that, we dropped by Jo-Ann's fabric and craft store to look for rubber stamps. No luck in that department but the things inside really brought me back. The hoops made me realize I've been cross-stitching for a good part of my life. Maybe I should take it up again.
We then moved next door to Martin's Wine Cellar. Neil found the Fuki Plum wine we've been looking for for a long time. He also got a drunken goat cheese. Its cheese made from goat's milk then aged in wine. Hope it tastes good.
We then did our normal Saturday things... passed by the comic store, book store, toy store, Target. Nothing special there.
Finally, we had dinner at King Buffet. We've never had dinner there before. It was quite good. There was steak which was quite OK, crab (which only Neil could eat), oysters, shrimp, salmon sushi. Unfortunately, we had to eat quite fast in order to catch the bus. We had one hour at King Buffet, which was actually adequate enough, but since we didn't know how much dinner cost (risk takers kasi kami eh :) ) , we wanted to make the most of dinner. I was so stuffed at the end I still felt like throwing up 2 hours after leaving the restaurant. I really didn't eat that much, it was just that dinner wasn't as leisurely as I would have wanted it to be. Next time, we'll be better prepared :) Besides, it was a lot cheaper than we thought it would be.
So that was our "food trip" for this week. Can't wait 'till next Saturday.
Still playing: Neoquest II - am almost done :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home