The Procrastinator's Update
Well, it's now April 1st and I'm still procrastinating about my qualifying exam. I was extremely productive yesterday though and if I really get down to it, I should be finished with the proposal by tomorrow. Yipee! I'm actually more relaxed about it now than I was a few weeks ago. The hardest part of this whole thing really was writing the Background and Aims. Since I finished that a week ago, I've felt a lot better. But I've also been slacking off on the writing. Instead, I've been working in the lab. How terrible! I actually have NEW DATA. I guess I should stop working for real and finish writing.... awwwww.
Anyway, the other thing worth mentioning here is that Neil and I had a great Holy Week. We went to the NOProFig crawfish boil on Thursday. It was a lot of fun and a bit weird at the same time. On Friday, we went to mass at St. Louis Cathedral. It was a really good service. On Saturday, we went to the Easter Vigil Mass. We got there at 6 hoping to beat the crowd. Well, we definitely beat them. Turns out the service wasn't 'till 8, so we had dinner at Le Madeleine. They forgot my order so we got free cheesecake for dessert. Yummy. The service was wonderful as usual. On Sunday, Neil took me out to Ninja sushi where we had grilled squid (missed eating that at Gerry's last year) and chirashi. Neil noticed that one of the swords they had on display was inverted and he told the waiter. Then the owner of the restaurant came up to us and asked Neil how he knew his sword was upside-down. He said Neil had a keen eye and we got desserts on the house, again. We had tempura ice cream this time and a green tea mochi. Mmmm.
This weekend, it's off to the comic store again. Then I really should finish writing. :P
Anyway, the other thing worth mentioning here is that Neil and I had a great Holy Week. We went to the NOProFig crawfish boil on Thursday. It was a lot of fun and a bit weird at the same time. On Friday, we went to mass at St. Louis Cathedral. It was a really good service. On Saturday, we went to the Easter Vigil Mass. We got there at 6 hoping to beat the crowd. Well, we definitely beat them. Turns out the service wasn't 'till 8, so we had dinner at Le Madeleine. They forgot my order so we got free cheesecake for dessert. Yummy. The service was wonderful as usual. On Sunday, Neil took me out to Ninja sushi where we had grilled squid (missed eating that at Gerry's last year) and chirashi. Neil noticed that one of the swords they had on display was inverted and he told the waiter. Then the owner of the restaurant came up to us and asked Neil how he knew his sword was upside-down. He said Neil had a keen eye and we got desserts on the house, again. We had tempura ice cream this time and a green tea mochi. Mmmm.
This weekend, it's off to the comic store again. Then I really should finish writing. :P


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home