Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
Louis Armstrong has a song entitled "Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans" and boy do we know. This afternoon while procrastinating a bit more, I came across a news story about Hibernia, our local bank. They are moving back into their main office downtown on Monday. This main office is one of the landmarks of New Orleans. At the very top of the building, there is a tower, which is always lit. During Mardi Gras, it is bathed in the Mardi Gras colors: purple, green and gold. At Christmas time it is red and green. It seems that 2 weeks after Katrina hit, they ran generators to light the tower, "as a beacon of hope." Siyempre, iyak naman ako when I heard that.
Lalo na akong umiyak when I saw this:

I cried, soundlessly. Welcome home. Maybe it'll be true for us soon.
Lalo na akong umiyak when I saw this:

I cried, soundlessly. Welcome home. Maybe it'll be true for us soon.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home